Kosnahan Law offers a steady pair of hands in assisting and advising on Isle of Man and UK Data Protection & Privacy related legislation, including the many rights and obligations which arise for individuals and businesses, whether under the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Privacy Electronic Communication Regulation or associated rules.
Our team of lawyers in the Isle of Man includes a qualified Data Protection Practitioner (DP.TP) with hands on practical experience dealing with many of the challenges faced by Data Protection Officers, Data Subjects and more. Within the area of Data Protection & Privacy law, we provide legal advice and consultancy services to Isle of Man regulated and private business on many of the daily Data Protection & Privacy challenges which arise and which require straightforward practical commercial advice, with a specific data privacy focus.
If you have a new product or service, Data Protection & Privacy considerations can be a minefield and need to be considered right from the start. Do you require a Data Protection Registration? What data are you processing? Is it personal data or sensitive personal data? How and where will it be processed and by who? Do you have consent to such processing? Is it stored in the cloud? Is it encrypted at rest? What happens if you receive a subject access request? Do you have appropriate processes, policies and procedures in place? These are some of the many questions businesses of all sizes will need to consider. Also, for existing business, processing of personal data needs effective scrutiny and ongoing monitoring.
At Kosnahan Law, our Isle of Man based legal team can help.
Our legal and consultancy services specific to Data Protection & Privacy include:
- Advice to Controllers and Processors
- Guidance on Data Protection Strategy
- Reviews, advice and guidance on Data Processing Policies and Procedures
- Drafting data protection policies
- Reviews, advice and guidance on cookie implementation and policies
- Drafting cookie policies
- Drafting relevant website privacy policies and terms and conditions
- Preparing Standard Contractual clauses for International Transfers
- Undertaking detailed Data Mapping exercises and preparing associated reports
- Undertaking Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) for new products and services
- Undertaking compliance reviews in advance of regulatory visits
- Advising on subject access request procedures and handling requests, responses, complaints and enforcement
- Advising on obligations and requirements surrounding direct marketing and compliance with privacy and electronic communication and advertising rules
- Advice on Data breaches
- Assisting and Advising on enquiries or investigations from the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Review of contract terms for third party products and services
- Handling investigation, breaches and complaints
- Handling Data protection disputes and subject access requests
- Consideration of ownership and licensing of data bases and associated rights
- General advice on General Data Protection Regulation
For a personal service and to see how we can assist, contact us.