With a growing audience online, the demand for engaging and interactive content has never been greater. This includes content accessible through video games, television, radio, social media, online tubes, streaming, direct to consumer media, amongst others.
Since the late 1990’s, our lawyers have acquired business experience relating to disseminating Media and Entertainment content online, through assisting musicians and band managers, video game developers, post production houses and more.
For television and production, our lawyers have experience reviewing production scripts and advising on content to comply with ASA and BCAP rules for UK broadcast.
In the regulated online gambling sector, we advise on compliance with LCCP and advertising rules. Our experience also includes reviewing and advising on post production content prior to distribution and broadcast on television and online platforms. We undertake drafting and reviews of broadcast agreements for advertisements in multiple jurisdictions, including content on DTC Media platforms. We have expertise in drafting and negotiating agreements for the placement of branding in live televised sporting events such as international football, Rugby, UK Horse Racing, international snooker and Formula 1.
In the field of gaming, we assist developers of platform, social and network games get their content on the right sites at the right time, including platforms such as Steam, Facebook, iOS and Andriod stores and more.
With this experience, Kosnahan offers legal and consultancy services in the following areas:
We advise Video Game Developers and Publishers on:
- Video game development and production
- Game design and mechanics
- In game currencies and gamification
- Licensing of third party audio, artwork and animations
- General Intellectual Property and Data Protection matters
- Content Distribution across multiple platforms
- Licensing and Agreements
- Copyright and database rights in software, code, databases, formats and GUIs
Influencers & Brand Ambassadors
We advise influencers on:
- Image rights and brand management
- Intellectual Property, including copyrights of photographs and images
- Reputational Management
- Sponsorship agreements and product endorsements
- Compliance and breaches of Platform rules, terms and conditions
- Broadcast and live streaming
- Removal of infringing content online
- Data Protection and GDPR
We provide advice to musicians, record labels and distributors, on:
- Copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights
- Recording deals and production agreements
- Distribution agreements across multiple platforms
- Contributor agreements for producers, artists and performers
- Licence and distribution agreements across multiple platforms including film, television, video games and social networks
- Broadcast / live streaming agreements
- Venue and performance agreements
We provide advice in relation to content for broadcast as follows:
- Script reviews for compliance with BCAP and ASA rules
- Acquisition of rights and remake rights for film
- Pre-production boards and post production content prior to broadcast
- Agreements for advertising slots and commercials terms
- Distribution agreements for film and television
- Commercial partnership agreements for international live sporting events
For a personal service and to see how we can assist, contact us.